Monday, June 21, 2010

Bankruptcy Attorney News- For Immediate Release

For Immediate Release

Can I File Bankruptcy on my Own without an Attorney?

The legal answer is yes you can represent yourself in the Bankruptcy Court. I see people there on a weekly basis who have completed their own petition and are representing themself, both in front of the Bankruptcy Trustee, and the Bankruptcy Judges. I must say that while they are representing themselfs they are having varying degrees of success. It is not uncommon for either the trustee or the Bankruptcy Judge to advise them that they really should retain an Attorney.

The problem is that the bankruptcy petition is very lengthy, and the means test can be reather complicated. The bankruptcy trustee along with the Bankruptcy Judge expect and require that every document be properly completed and submitted in a timely fashion. Failure to do it right endangers your case and can lead to dismissal. The judges are rather intollerant and do not like to grant continuances to correct the petition.

I guess the best advice I can give it to give you the same advice my wife gives me when I attempt to fix something around the house, she tells me to hire someone who knows what they are doing. While maybe I can muddle around and get something fixed, it will most likely cost me more time and money to do it myself then to have a professional do it right the first time.

RIVERSIDE COUNTY BANKRUPTCY ATTORNEYS

The Law Offices of Cortright, Valentine & Associates is a general practice law firm conveniently located in Riverside County with offices in Menifee and Palm Springs. They are your local Bankruptcy Lawyers, providing one-on-one personal assistance with all of your legal needs. They are not a referral service or a distant law firm; located right in your neighborhood, they are real people who both live and work in Riverside County. Here’s what you can count on with the Law Offices of Cortright, Valentine & Associates as your Banruptcy Attorney, they take the worry and fear out of filing because they are with you through every step of the process. You can be confident they will do whatever is needed to make your bankruptcy successful.

For more information, visit http://www.cortrightandvalentine.com or for a free consultation call (951) 200-7505.

“We look forward to meeting with you!”

Law Offices of Cortright, Valentine & Associates
27186 Newport Road, Suite 1
Menifee, CA 92584
(951) 200-7505

No comments:

Post a Comment